Banana Nut Cookies Recipe
- prep time 15 mins
- cook time 25 mins
- total time 40 mins
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup ripe banana, smashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
how to make the recipe:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the mashed banana, vanilla extract, and egg until well blended.
- Using a silicone spatula, stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until well combined. Place banana chips in a small zip top bag. Lightly crush the chips using a rolling pin or meat mallet. Gently fold in the crushed banana chips and walnuts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop, drop cookies onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool the cookies on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Back to Recipes