Buttercup Orange Cake Recipe
- prep time 15 mins
- cook time 25 mins
- total time 40 mins
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 5 - Egg yolks (save the Egg whites)
- 1 - orange, juice and finely grated
- rind, not the white part
- 1 cup - all purpose flour
- 3.5 tsp - baking powder
how to make the recipe:
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients.
- Fold in 5 egg whites (beaten stiff).
- Pour the cake mixture, into a buttered cake pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 mins.
- Lower oven heat, to 350 degrees F and bake for another 30 mins.
- Remove the cake from oven and cool.
- When cake has cooled, remove from pan to a cake plate.
- Cut into individual diamond-shaped pieces and serve.
Back to Recipes