Chilli Cheese Toast Recipe
- prep time 15 mins
- cook time 25 mins
- total time 40 mins
- 4-5 slices of brown or whole wheat bread
- 3 to 4 tbsp grated cheese - mozzarella, cheddar or regular cheese
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ½ tsp grated or minced ginger
- salt and black pepper as required
- salted butter at room temperature for spreading on the bread, as required
how to make the recipe:
- grate the cheese in a bowl. add the chopped chilies and ginger. also add salt and pepper and mix well.
- slice the bread into triangular or rectangular slices. if you want you can slice the edges.
- place the bread on a rack or tray and bake or grill in a pre heated oven at 200 degrees C for 5-6 minutes till lightly toasted.
- no need to brown the edges of the bread. just a little crispness on the surfaces.
- keep an eye while toasting the bread slices.
- remove and keep the bread with an oven mitt or spatula on a tray or plate.
- spread some butter evenly on the slices. then spread the cheese-chili-ginger mixture evenly.
- again bake or grill in the pre heated oven at 200 degrees C for 7-10 mins or more till the cheese melts and the bread slices get golden and crisp. you can also brown the cheese more if you want.
- keep an eye and make sure the bread does not get burnt.
- serve the cheese chilli toast with tomato sauce.
Back to Recipes