- For the stuffing :
- 2 teacups boiled green peas
- 5 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
For the dough :
- 3 teacups whole meal flour
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ tsp salt
For the parathas :
For the stuffing :
Mash the boiled green peas. Heat the ghee in a vessel and sauté the jeera.
Put the green chillies, sauté for 1 minute and then put the mashed peas and salt. Cook for 1 minute and allow the mixture to cool.
For the dough
Sieve the flour with the salt. Apply ghee to the flour.
Use water and make into small parts.
Knead properly and divide into 10 to 12 parts.
How to proceed
- ake a small part of the dough, flatten a little and put 1 tbsp of the green peas mixture in the center.
- Cover the mixture by drawing up the edges towards the center.
- Press on a floured board and roll out into a round as large as saucer.
- Put the paratha on a hot tava (griddle). Cook for a minute or two and turn once.
- After 1 minute, put a little ghee around the edges, turn again and fry the other side.
- When brown patches appear on both sides, the paratha is ready.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the dough.
- Ready to serve hot.
Back to Recipes