Quick Spiced Cabbage Recipes
- prep time 15 mins
- cook time 25 mins
- total time 40 mins
- 1 lb cabbage or spring greens
- 2 tbsp. groundnut oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced in rings
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- lemon, to serve
how to make the recipe:
- Cut the cabbages into long thin shreds, removing any tough stalks as you go.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onions, fry until wilted and deep golden, around 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the cumin seeds and cook over medium heat for another minute.
- Add the cabbage and fry on moderate to high heat until the leaves are shiny and tender.
- Add salt, pepper, chili and garam masala. Fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Back to Recipes