Stuffed Lady's Finger Recipes
- prep time 15 mins
- cook time 25 mins
- total time 40 mins
- 250 gms (approx. 1/2 lb) Bhindi (Ladies Finger/Okra)
- 1 medium Tomato, cut into halves and sliced length wise
- 1 Green Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed Ginger-Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves
how to make the recipe:
- Roast groundnuts in a kadai (pan) for 3-4 minutes over medium flame while stirring continuously. Turn off flame and let them cool for 2-3 minutes. Crush them coarsely in the jar of a mixer grinder and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy based or non-stick pan over medium flame.
- Add masala filled bhindi and sprinkle salt over it. Stir gently and cook for a minute.
- Reduce flame to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn it 2-3 times in between.
- After 5 minutes, open the lid and cook over medium flame until bhindi turns dark green, approx. 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off flame and transfer bhindi to a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan over medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds. When they begin to sizzle, add crushed ginger-garlic and green chillies; sauté for approx. 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add shallow fried stuffed bhindi and mix well. Cook for a minute and turn off flame.
- Transfer prepared curry to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Back to Recipes