How to make Adai Recipes
Adai dosa south india dish
Adai recipe famous in south, an all-time favourite south indian snack. that comprises a mix of different dals with rice, this recipe elevates the protein content of your meal to great heights! dals are good and inexpensive sources of protein. Cereals and pulses lack an amino acid each; hence, the combination of rice and dals improves the protein quality of this dish. Adai dosa recipe is making forvery simle. Like very testi for Adai dosa recipe.
Add your private note
Soaking Time: 2 Hours
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 23 mins
Makes 8 adais
- 1/2 cup raw rice (chawal)
- 2/2 tbsp toovar (arhar) dal
- 2/2tbsp chana dal (split Bengal gram)
- 2/2tbsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 4 to 6 dry whole red kashmiri chillies , broken into pieces
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 4 tbsp finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 4 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 5 to 7 curry leaves (kadi patta) , finely chopped
- 2 green chilli , finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Clean, wash and soak the rice and dals in enough water separately for at least 1/2 hours.
- Drain the rice and blend in the mixer to a coarse paste, adding little water in rice.
- Drain the dals, add the red chillies and asafoetida, mix well and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste adding a little water in this mixture.
- Mixture the rice paste and dal paste in a bowl, add the coconut, carrots, cabbage, onions, curry leaves, green chillies and salt to the batter and mix well. Add a little water to make a thick batter.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on a hot pan (griddle), spread to make a 120 mm. (4") diameter thick circle and cook using ½ tsp of oil till brown spots appear on both the sides. And you adai dosa ready to serve.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more adais. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Back to Tips